Thursday, October 29, 2009

Some very big news =]

Hey guys!
I have some amazing news to let you in on. I have decided to go natural. YAY! I've been debating this idea over and over for the last 3 years. I'm extremely excited that I have come to a decision on this topic.
I don't relax my hair cause when I was younger I tried it once and it broke off all my hair, that was about in '99. You couldn't even do anything with it at all. It was horrible, so at that time my mother decided I should cut all my hair off to a very low cut. It was sort of like that old Halle Berry look from back in the day. With that being done, my hairdresser suggested that I get my hair texturized. Which is basically a softer way of handling your hair compared to a relaxer. For me it basically just loosened up my curls, which made them easier to work it. So basically ever since then I've been getting my hair texturized.
In the beginning I would get it done every 4-6 weeks. As I got older and had to pay for it my self it stretch from every 3-4 months. So over the last 10-16 months I've had it done twice. I usually did it at the beginning of summer and at the end. See I was never a girl that really like doing their hair, I like to stay in single braids and cornrows. It would only be straight when I got it done at the hairdressers. So this how transitioning into being completely natural won't be such a big challenge-I think.
When I was first thinking about going natural I had wanted to become a Dread; which means having dreadlocks. I kept wanting to do it, I even booked 3 appointments to get it done. Which I never followed through on. I honestly do love the way they look, the only problem was that I like to change my hair alot. Like every summer for the past 3-4 years I do a big chop and get my hair textuzied. I love short and funky hair cuts. The whole idea of not being able to do that didn't really appeal to me after I thought about it real hard.
So lately I been seeing alot of people going natural, using all different type of methods. Some do the whole big chop and others just slowly transition into it. I'm really not a fan of the big chop. I know I just said I like short hair, but only when it's straight. Personally when I have short curly hair I look to much like my little brother and it bugs me, lol. With that being said and done, I believe that the best way for me to become truly natural is with transitioning into it.
I had my last texturizer done in July 2009, this was the first time I haven't cut off all my hair for the summer. I just had a baby girl, Victoria, in April and figured it would be to hard to keep up with that style at that time. Basically a week or two after I got my done I got my hair done in singles. Since that time I have been wearing alot of braids and cornrows, I haven't really noticed if my hair has grown. It was falling out right after I had the baby due to hormone changes in my body. With that all being said I will keep you guys informed about my journey on going natural.

Till next time!
-- MizzShake <3

No comments:

Post a Comment